Price: On request
Day 1: Zagreb – Rijeka – Glagolitic Alley – Krk Island
An early morning departure from Zagreb to Rijeka. A visit to the University Library with permanent exhibiton of the Glagolitic alphabet (glagoljica), the old Slavic alphabet which was in use in this region until the 19th century. We continue our journey towards Istria. Sightseeing the Glagolitic Alley (Aleja Glagoljaša), the road between Roč and Hum, the smallest town in the world. We head towards the Island of Krk, to Jurandvor and the Church of Saint Lucy (Crkva Sveta Lucije) where Baška Tablet (Baščanska ploča) was found. Hotel check-in on the island. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 2: Krk Island – Senj – Zagreb
Breakfast. A visit to the Vitezić Brothers Library in Vrbnik, which houses valuable Glagolitic manuscripts, and sightseeing Glagolitic path (Glagoljska staza) in the village of Gabonjin. The ‘’Glagolitic’’ tour ends in the Museum of Senj which shows a collection of Glagolitic alphabet and Glagolitic printing. Evening arrival in Zagreb.
Package price includes:
• Transportation as defined above
• Double room at the 3 star hotel on the Island of Krk, 1 night, bed and breakfast
• Ticket for the exhibition of the Glagolitic alphabet at the University Library in Rijeka
• Ticket for the Church of Saint Lucy in Jurandvor
• Ticket for the Vitezić Brothers Library in Vrbnik
• Ticket for the Museum of Senj
• Tour leader
• Insurance in the event of payment incapability or bankruptcy of the travel organizer
• Liability insurance
• Trip organization